The official website of the Peruvian Cricket Association is coming closer to launch! http://www.perucricket.com/
Cricket has been played in Peru for 150 years, at the splendid Lima Cricket & Football Club and is now undergoing a resurgence as a recently-admitted Affiliate Member of the International Cricket Council (ICC). Proudly supported by Chimu Adventures cricket in Peru is moving from strength to strength. Cricket in Peru has:
- A long-established outdoor season running from January to April which includes:
- A thriving domestic Twenty20 Competition.
- Numerous ‘friendly’ matches, ideal for the occasional cricketer to hone his skills.
- Visits by touring teams, keen to enjoy Lima’s hospitality and Peru’s tourist attractions.
- An indoor season from September to December culminating in the:
- Annual Chimu Adventures Cricket Veloz Trophy
- Schools Cricket:
- Both boys and girls from age 9 upwards.
- A new cricket facility at Cambridge School, Chorrillos.
- International Cricket:
- Annual ICC Americas Division III Championship: the 2009 Championship is to be held in Santiago, Chile in October.
- Bi-annual South American Championship: in April 2009, this was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil and featured teams from Brazil, Chile and Argentina.